CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pinterest...????

I have seen a lot of good feedback about the Pinterest website. I have seen people recommend it, and I have seen people post pictures of their favorite Pinterest posts, stating how awesome they are. So naturally I decided that I want in on  the action and visited the site. Much to my surprise, I discovered that I had to "request an invite" before I can become a member of the site! Of course, to those of you who already have a Pinterest account, this is no shock to you, but to me or anyone who wants to join the site, it might be a bit of a surprise at first. So I thought, O.K., it's probably just one of those things where the site wants to verify your email address to set up your account and no problem, I'll simply give my addy and then check my email for the automatic verification email. Which I proceeded to do. Lo and behold, I immediately got an email, but this is what it said.

"Hi!
Thanks for joining the Pinterest waiting list. We'll be sure to send you an invite soon.
In the meantime, you can follow us on Twitter for Pinterest news and updates. You can also explore a few pinboards.
We're excited to get you pinning soon!
- Ben and the Pinterest Team"

I'm on a waiting list! Thanks Ben and the Pinterest Team! I am laughing a bit to myself, but also wondering, how long will it take for them to send me an invite? And do I want to be part of this elite "invitation only" website? Of course I do! I dont know how long it will take to hear back from Ben and the Pinterest Team, but I cant wait! :D

Update: I woke up this morning to a new email! Here is what it said:

You're in!
I'm excited to invite you to join Pinterest, a social catalog. I can't wait to have you join our little community.
To create your Pinterest account, click the link below and push the blue "FB Connect" button. You can also join with Twitter.

Pinterest Etiquette: Try to...
  • Be Nice!
  • Be Creative. The best pinboards mix products, art, recipes and images from all across the web. Try not to pin everything from a single source.
  • Give Credit. If you blog about an item you found on Pinterest, it's nice to credit your fellow pinners by linking back to the original pin.
If you have any questions, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at hi@pinterest.com or follow us on twitter @pinterest. We also have an iPhone app.
Happy pinning!
- Ben & the Pinterest Team


Yes! I'm in! So, if you have been hearing about Pinterest and are thinking about checking it out, that is what to expect. Now, if you will excuse me, I have some browsing and pinning to do. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment